Tuesday 23 December 2014

Christmas In The Classroom


Reindeer Food


This is a favourite activity that I do each year. The children enjoy making the reindeer food and of course it is fun to take home and sprinkle on the lawn on Christmas Eve. I download the little poem from the internet- there are hundreds to choose from and attach it to the bag. I have tried paper bags, but the little plastic zip lock bags are great for my little kids- less mess!!


I put out oats, glitter in shakers and Christmas confetti.


The children spoon, mix and shake to make it just right.



The reindeer love this combination!!



Playdough Christmas Stocking Counting


I cut down some plastic bottles and attached some Christmas stockings. These had numbers on them. The children put the correct number of playdough presents in the stockings.
I added some extra number cards, pegs and some little Christmas decorations to further enhance the activity.




I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas.
Niccola

No comments:

Post a Comment