Tuesday 7 October 2014

Halloween Sensory Spaghetti

My class absolutely love playing, cutting, painting and printing with cooked spaghetti.
This time, I let the children hide plastic spiders in the cooked spaghetti.


The children added black paint to the spaghetti to make it more difficult to find the spiders.


We counted the spiders before we started and then counted each spider when we found them. The children loved squeezing the black spaghetti and feeling around for the spiders.



Once the children had found the spiders, I let them make black spaghetti prints.
The spaghetti prints are fantastic- don't you think?



We were also fascinated by the patterns on our hands!!



It was a lot of fun!!
Niccola

4 comments:

  1. I love your blog! Full of amazing ideas, I've shared it on my Facebook page Early Years Ideas from Tishylishy.
    Are you on Facebook or Pinterest?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an AWESOME sensory bin for Halloween! So Ghoulish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ewww! What a sensation that would be! But great for the kids, and I love that you've made it multi-purposeful. Thank you for linking up to Mom's Library, I'll be featuring you this week at Crystal's Tiny Treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's such a fun idea! And I love that its an easy sensory bin to put together. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete