Monday 16 December 2013

Paper Decorations




Each year my kids and I make the Christmas decorations for our tree. As is the case every year we start with BIG plans and never have the time or energy to fulfill them. This year we have changed colour schemes at least four times and now have enough wrapping paper for the next 4 years!!!
These decorations cost us nothing as we had everything we needed at home. They were quick to make and I think they are pretty cute.


Christmas words provided the inspiration for the paper decorations we made. We brainstormed the words and images and then I wrote or drew them on the brown card circles. I used a darning needle to push the holes through the card (which hurt my fingers after a while) and then the kids sewed using embroidery cotton.
I glued another circle to the back and stuck some string between the two circles.




You could do stars, hearts, your childrens names, reindeer names.... Personalise it to suit you and your family.

1 comment:

  1. Aw, how cute and creative! I really like how they turned out. Pinning! And stopping by from Family Fun Friday.

    ReplyDelete