Tuesday 26 November 2013

The Nativity

Over the years I have helped the children make their own Nativity scene to take home. Some years I have been more adventurous than others. As my class consists of 3 and 4 year old children, I think that this is the perfect Nativity scene for them to make completely on their own. The pictures speak for themselves ...




Nativity Pebbles
A lovely teacher at school said she had seen some Nativity pebbles and asked me if I could paint her some. I tried to find pebbles that could stand on their own and ended up painting two sets so she could choose what she preferred.


I painted the pebbles with acrylic paint and they were quick to make and the children loved playing with them and telling the Nativity story.
Have a go at making your own or even printing out little pictures and gluing them on pebbles.


This set consists of pebbles that are all upright. The photo is deceiving and shows no dimension .


The pebbles on the wonder table at school.





8 comments:

  1. Love these ideas. Please link to Creative Saturdays. This week at http://www.janiscox.com/creative-saturdays-lots-of-neat-links-for-crafts-for-christmas/
    Blessings,
    Janis Author of Tadeo Turtle - on sale for Black Friday Deals www.janiscox.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pebble nativity! I am going to make some with my little rock lovers! Thanks for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Nativity rocks! That is a great way for children to re-tell the story and remember what Christmas is all about. Thanks for sharing at Mom's Library!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! Such a great unique idea! Thank you for sharing and linking up over at the Thought Spot Weekly Blog Hop! You were chosen as one of my favorites and featured :) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love both activities - I agree, the pictures and creations do speak for themselves and how wonderful these activities are. I particularly love the concept of the wonder table and what the kids have done there :), but oh I do have a soft spot for those Nativity pictures. Thank you for sharing this at the Kids' Co-Op. I'll be featuring this post in my nativity activities for kids roundup. xoxo P

    ReplyDelete
  6. the nativity pebbles are a really nice idea and I love the pictures that have been made out of them x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I found your post interesting to read and i want to say that this is a best post i have ever seen until now. Take a look at this article to Click Speed Test Game - Challenge Yourself

    ReplyDelete
  8. Found your post interesting to read. I cant wait to see your post soon. Good Luck for the upcoming update. This article is really very interesting and effective. Find here an interesting stuff Gift Card Generator with a link to Google Play Gift Card Generator for free.

    ReplyDelete