Tuesday, 4 December 2012

2 Tuesdays till Christmas

Wow, what a Tuesday!

Making and decorating Christmas trees on the light table. This could be adapted and used on any table by making cardboard trees and using buttons, pom-poms or stickers. I encouraged the children to count, use colour names and make patterns.

At 8 o'clock on Monday night I asked my husband to nip to the garage and shape two old bits of wood into Mary and Joseph. I really wanted a large nativity set that we could put in the block area. After an hour of sweating he came up with two lovely shapes that I then had to paint. Due to the time constraints these are no works of art but the kids love them!

An interesting arrangement of materials on the playdough table. I got the children to think about what they could make with the materials below, look at what they came up with. 

Some very interesting reindeer!

See you next Tuesday...


  1. I really like your block nativty! Please consider sharing it over at Eco-Kids Tuesday Link-Up! http://likemamalikedaughter.blogspot.com/2012/12/eco-kids-tuesday.html

  2. Lovely block nativity. Great painting skills. Thanks for linking up to tip-toe thru tuesday. Have a great weekend.

  3. Your blocks are adorable! I just started a new ssaturday linky and would love to have you come by and link up each week! Thanks!

  4. LOVE the idea to put Christmas themed props and materials out and let the kids go with it. Thanks for sharing on Eco Kids. I featured you this week!

  5. Stopping by to let you know that I featured you at Eco-Kids Tuesday! http://likemamalikedaughter.blogspot.com/2012/12/the-elfing-begins-again-eco-kids-tuesday.html

  6. Really cute! Going to feature you tomorrow on my Kid's Co-op post. Thanks!

  7. Great Idea for Christmas. May you have a Christmas Filled with fun and dance

    My heartfelt Christmas Messages for you

  8. Your Christmas day toys is very funny for children.
    fostering agencies London